Saturday, January 26, 2013
Fireplace ashes were placed near combustible materials in the garage of the home.
A fire at 908 Young Dairy Court in Herndon Thursday started with improperly disposed fireplace ashes. Fairfax County Fire and Rescue said the fire began at about 9:55 a.m. on Thursday. Firefighters arrived and found smoke and fire coming from the garage and the roof of the two-story home. They also encountered arching power lines. The fire was brought under control in about 15 minutes. The three residents of the home were able to escape the fire unharmed when the smoke alarms in the home were set off. Red Cross is assisting the four occupants who have been displaced due to the fire. Damage to the home is estimated at $120,000. According to Fairfax County Fire and Rescue, the accidental fire started when fireplace ashes were placed near …
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Fire at Paradise Biryani Pointe evacuates other nearby businesses.
A fire was reported at a Woodland Park Crossing restaurant at about 4 p.m. Wednesday. The fire at Paradise Biryani Pointe, 12976-B Highland Crossing Dr., was reported as a grease fire and was in the ventilation shaft of the restaurant. Fairfax County Fire and Rescue units were dispatched to the scene of the fire, which caused other nearby businesses to evacuate for about 45 minutes. Those businesses have since resumed normal operations. Patch will have more details as they become available. Find Herndon Patch via:
Thursday, December 20, 2012
Fairfax County fire officials on scene fighting fire; occupants have been evacuated.
The Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department is fighting a fire Thursday on Coppermill Drive. A spokeswoman for the department said units were called about the fire at 13265 Coppermill Dr. at 3:01 p.m. Thursday. Units were on scene at 3:03 p.m. The occupants of the home self-evacuated the residence, the spokeswoman said. Firefighters are still working to put out the blaze. Patch will update this story as more information becomes available.
Monday, May 28, 2012
Sign on building caught fire Sunday night.
The were no injuries when the sign above the door of Uncle Julio's at Reston Town Center caught fire Sunday at about 9:30 p.m. The restaurant was evacuated, but no smoke or fire was found inside, Fairfax County Fire and Rescue officials said The restaurant closes on Sundays at 10:30 p.m., so after the call it remained closed. Fire officials do not yet know the cause of the fire, but it did begin during a large thunderstorm so a lightning strike is being investigated. Keep up with all Reston Patch's crime and fire news by getting our daily newsletter in your inbox. Click here to subscribe.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Herndon house fire was started by a curling iron.
- POLICE & FIRE
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
The Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department responded to a house fire on Saturday, March 17 at about 10 a.m. that resulted in an estimated $20,000 in damages. The home is located in the 2400 block of Michael Lawrence Place, where firefighters saw smoke and fire coming from the back of the home when they arrived. The fire was in an upstairs bedroom and was extinguished in a short time, and then overhaul and salvage operations were conducted to make sure the fire hadn't spread further. Three adults have been displaced because of the fire and Red Cross assistance was declined. One adult female and one adult male were taken to Reston Hospital Center for non life-threatening burns they received while trying to extinguish the fire. Fire …