The first ever Chantilly Day Festival will be a large-scale community event at the Sully Place Shopping Center on Saturday, May 12 from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The event will include a parade along Metrotech Drive, a Taste of Chantilly restaurant celebration, a children’s fair, stage performances, a car show, business expo, awards ceremony, sunset concert and more.
More than 100 community businesses are participating in the event, as well as Sully Plantation, Udvar-Hazy Center, and representatives from Chantilly, France.
"Chantilly Day is a great way for area businesses to say thank you to our community for supporting us every day," said Saharnaz Farivar of SF Design Group, whose original idea to celebrate the businesses, arts, education and sciences in Chantilly sparked the event's creation.
"Chantilly has a lot to offer and our business community is planning this festival to show the community how wonderful our town is," Farivar said.
The Chantilly-Centreville Chamber of Commerce is part of the Dulles Regional Chamber of Commerce.
"We are delighted to be a part of such a fresh and exciting community development and look forward to making this a successful and anticipated event both now and in years to come," said DRCC President Eileen Curtis.
The Chantilly Day parade begins at 9:30 a.m. Main festival activities will be between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. in the parking lots near Babies R Us and Kmart. A free concert featuring The Merchants of Cool will be held from 4-6 p.m. The Music Loft in Herndon’s very own teen band Jumbo Shrimp will be opening for The Merchants of Cool.
Chantilly Day Festival Schedule
• Parade – 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
• Business fair – 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Pet adoption – 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Taste of Chantilly – 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
• Car show – 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Children’s Fair – 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Main stage entertainment – 11 a.m. to 4 p.m
• Merchants of Cool concert – 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. (with Herndon’s Jumbo Shrimp opening)
• Chantilly-Centreville Chamber of Commerce Awards – 11:30 a.m. to noon