If you're looking for something to fill your weekend, Herndon Patch has some great info on what's happening in and near town this weekend. Click the link in the event description for more information:
• The Breeze is at 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. The event is free and will include food specials and prizes.
• Join on the W&OD Trail in Reston Town Center. The run starts at 6:30 p.m. at the store and lasts about 50 minutes.
• A in Herndon from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday. Items for sale include vintage items, glassware, collectible plates, Beanie Babies, furniture and more.
• , celebrating the arts in Herndon at ArtSpace. The event will include hands-on activities for children, a plein air painting competition, art on the lawn, open mike entertainment and much more. For more information and registration for the competition and open mike, visit www.ArtSpaceHerndon.com.
• A free women's Zumba class meets weekly on Saturdays at Southview Community Church in the Reston-Herndon area. The class starts at 10 a.m.
• features storytelling, a costumed character and an activity for children. The event is free and starts at 11 a.m.
• Join , where children and their book bags will receive a blessing before the start of the school year. Blessing of the Backpacks will take place at both Sunday morning services at 9 a.m. (traditional) and 11 a.m. (contemporary).
• Jimmy's Old Town Tavern's annual 9/11 Memorial Bike Run and Pig Roast starts at 10 a.m. Sunday. Live music starts at noon and there will be an all-you-can-eat pig roast buffet.
• The annual and feature wine sampling, beer sampling from local microbreweries, cooking demonstrations music, a craft fair and much more. The event takes place from noon to 6 p.m. and is $20 for wine/beer samplers, $10 without sampling, and free for chidren 12 and younger.
• The at ArtSpace Herndon. The exhibit showcases the work of area photographers and the photos were submitted to be considered for inclusion in the town's At Home in Herndon calendar. A closing reception will be held Sept. 8.
[Want to stay on top of news in Herndon? Sign up for our weekly, daily or breaking news emails.]