The is here again! Make sure you know what's happening, where to be and who to see by checking in with Herndon Patch throughout the weekend. Here are five things you need to know about heading to Herndon Festival today.
1. Carnival rides are open from 6-10 p.m. Thursday. A minimum of $5 in ride tickets must be purchase to enter the carnival. Tickets are $1 for single tickets, $25 for a book of 30 tickets or $40 for a book of 50 tickets. All-you-can-ride wristbands are offered on Thursday from 6-10 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for $16 per day. Parents are asked to accompany children under 12 years old in the carnival area.
2. Need some cash? There are five ATMs at or near the festival site at the following places:
• Lynn Street near the Herndon Municipal Center
• Herndon Bakery & Grocery on Lynn Street near the food area
• Main Street Bank, 728 Elden St. and 754 Elden St.
• Resource Bank, 625 Elden St.
• The carnival area
3. Parking is limited at Herndon Festival, but free shuttle buses can make getting to the festival simple. Shuttle buses will run between Worldgate Shopping Center, Herndon High School and the festival. The shuttle bus runs from 6-10 p.m. Thursday, 5-11 p.m. Friday, 9:30 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday. Handicapped parking is available at the festival, off of Center Street at the Herndon Municipal Center parking lot. Vehicles must have a DMV issued disabled parking tag or plates.
4. Herndon Festival souvenirs area available throughout the festival, ranging from $5 to $25 in price and including backpacks, T-shirts, hooded sweatshirts, blankets, hats and more. Souvenirs can be found at the corner of Station and Lynn streets.
5. Thursday’s entertainment will include Sandbar at the Café Stage playing top rock, island indie and Caribbean country; Chopteeth Afrofunk Big Band at the HMC Stage playing big-band funk that combines West African and American popular rhythms; and Melodime at the Depot Stage playing piano-driven roots rock. Fireworks will start at 9:30 p.m. and can be seen from the town green, Bready Park and many other areas near downtown Herndon.
See the for a detailed schedule and much more information, , or visit www.HerndonFestival.net.
[Want to stay on top of news in Herndon? Sign up for our weekly, daily or breaking news emails.]