Sunday brings a high of 80 for the closing day of Herndon Festival, which continues on with entertainment, games, food and activities for all ages.
1. The Herndon Festival 10K/5K Run and Fitness Expo takes place at 7:30 a.m. today. The race starts and ends at the , 814 Ferndale Ave., where it will culminate with a Fitness Expo from 7:30-9:30 a.m. in the HCC gym. The expo will include a number of health, wellness and fitness vendors with product samples and information.
2. The Business Expo is open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. today, while the Arts and Crafts Show and food vendors are open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and the Carnival is open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. The Kid's Alley and Children's Hands-On Art area is open again today from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Roving and street performers will be back, including Jerry Brown, Monkey Man and Stilt Walker, the Unicycle Lady, the Queen of Whimsy and more. Entertainment will continue on the Cafe Stage from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and on the Depot Stage from noon to 6 p.m.
3. Today brings Americana-themed family entertainment on the Herndon Municipal Center Stage from noon to 3:30 p.m. Musical acts include The Great Unknowns, a female-fronted alternative country band; Delta Rae with its four-part harmonies and alternative-pop sound; and Red Molly, a female trio, closing out the festival at 4 p.m. Also included in the Americana entertainment will be some Americana traditions, such as lemonade and ice cream for sale, a restored 1967 Chevy C-10 on display, dulcimer player Sue Lilly and quilters Helene and Tom Sheeran.
4. A real NASCAR and Nationwide NASCAR simulator are on display again today for festival attendees to experience on the W&OD Trail. The simulator mimics the experience of driving on a real race track, including racing against other competitors and near crashes. The simulator and car, sponsored by Griffin-Owens, will be on display from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and are free.
5. Don't forget to share your Herndon Festival memories with us on Patch. Look out for Herndon Festival photo galleries and videos, from , , and today, where you can upload your own photos and videos from the festival. Just sign into your Patch.com account.
See the for a detailed schedule and much more information, , or visit www.HerndonFestival.net for all the info.
[Want to stay on top of news in Herndon? Sign up for our weekly, daily or breaking news emails.]