Friday at Herndon Festival will be pretty weather dependent, but if the predicted storms manage to miss the area here’s what you’ll need to know today.
1. Want to be extra green? Ride your bike to the festival. There will be a free bike valet service at the festival on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, provided by the town’s Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Committee. Bike racks will be located at the intersection of Elden and Lynn streets. The folks at the valet will take your bicycle and hand you a ticket, then keep it safe while you enjoy the day. Simply return and give the ticket back and you’re on your way home.
2. Entertainment for Friday night is to include FLYNN from 6:30-7:30 p.m. on the Café Stage playing Celtic dance music; 42 Coldplay Tribute from 7:30-9:30 p.m. on the HMC Stage plalying Coldplay hits; and Trio Caliente and Friends from 7:30-9:30 p.m. on the Depot Stage playing a blend of Flamenco, pop and Brazilian jazz.
3. Carnival rides will be open longer today, from 5-11 p.m. Food vendors will be open from 5-10:30 p.m. and the arts and crafts show will be open from 6-9 p.m.
4. Though most Herndon Festival events are held rain or shine, in cases of severe weather the festival may close temporarily and later reopen. To check the status of the festival in inclement weather, call 703-435-6866.
5. New to the festival this year is wine tasting. Rebec Vineyard is stationed near the Café Stage. The vineyard has 10 wines on hand that can be sampled. Tickets are required. Rebec Vineyard is located in Amherst. Rebec will be on hand Saturday from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. and on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
See the for a detailed schedule and much more information, , or visit www.HerndonFestival.net.
[Want to stay on top of news in Herndon? Sign up for our weekly, daily or breaking news emails.]