It was SLHS’ last invitational meet before the 6A Conference 6 championships, which begin Jan. 24.
Johnsen’s time in the 500 is the second-best in the state this season. He teamed with fellow seniors Michael Kerr, Khayri Denny and junior Sam Arpee in the relay.
Along with the state qualifying performances, SLHS also had 13 new district qualifying performances and one regional:
- Girls 300 meters: Senior Grace Gillen (43.81), sophomore Golden Kumi-Darfour (43.64), juniors Delaney Wickman (41.43 regional), Jordan Lozama (44.23), freshman Devyn Jones (44.77)
- Girls 500 meters: Juniors Delaney Wickman (1:19.47), Sabrina Muldrow (1:26.09), Molly McGrath (1:26.38)
- Girls 1,000 meters: Kumi-Darfour (3:07.94), junior Gabrielle Acosta (3:16.14)
- Boys 55 meters: Freshman Timiebi Ogobri (6.98)
- Boys 1,000 meters: Junior Collin Weirick (2:46.46), sophomore John Leberre (2:47.64)
- Boys long jump: Senior Anthony Mayo (19-1.75)
FOLLOW HERNDON PATCH FOR THE LATEST NEWS AND EVENTS!Facebook | Twitter | Daily & Breaking News E-mail Updates