Fall sports are well underway and Herndon Patch gives you the chance to share all the exciting moments with the community.
We are looking for athletes, coaches, parents, booster club members and fans who are ready, willing and able to share their team spirit on Patch. News about any team — high school teams, rec teams, community leagues — is welcome!
Here's how you can share news about your sports team:
1. Announce your team's wins, awards, fundraisers, highlights, and more: Did one of your favorite players get named as player of the week? Post an announcement. Have an upcoming fundraiser? Let the community know. Be sure to add a photo if you want your announcement featured on the home page!
2. Upload pictures and video of your team to our gallery: Snap an awesome photo at the game? Catch the winning touchdown on video? Upload it to our community photo gallery.
3. Start a blog about your sports team: Share stats, recaps, photos and/or videos from the game in your own sports blog. Is your favorite team a college or pro team? That's OK too! Discuss the team, coaches and players with other fans in the community.
4. Place events, such as fundraisers, big games, etc., on the calendar: Want to get more fans in the stands? Be sure to let everyone know where and when your next game is taking place by posting it on our free event calendar. This is also a great place to let the community know the where and when of any other special team events.
5. Place an advertisement for even more exposure for your team or business: Contact ad manager Barbara Ward (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
We look forward to learning more about your favorite sports team!
[Want to stay on top of news in Herndon? Sign up for our weekly, daily or breaking news emails.]