• Lanigan Celebration & Fundraiser - The friends and family of Sean Lanigan will hold a celebration and fundraiser to celebrate the end of his three-year fight after being falsely accused of molesting a student at Sully's Restaurant and Lounge in Chantilly.
• Surviving the Holidays: Helping Those Dealing with Grief - Herndon United Methodist Church is holding a seminar to help those who've lost a loved one survive the holidays and work to discover new reasons to enjoy them again.
• Extended Holiday Shopping at The Closet - The Closet of Herndon will have extended holiday shopping hours from 9 a.m. till 3 p.m. Saturday. The last day for holiday sales this year will be Dec. 20.
• Mercury Rizing at Weekend Bluegrass Concert Series - Mercury Rizing, a relatively new bluegrass band composed of seasoned veterans will be performing at Holy Cross Lutheran's Weekend Bluegrass Concert Series Saturday. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., show starts at 7:30 p.m. and tickets are $12, with children 12 and under admitted free.
• Herndon High Madrigals Join HUMC Service - Herndon United Methodist Church is holding a special holiday worship service at 5:30 p.m. Saturday that will include a performance by the Herndon High School Madrigal choir.
• Floris UMC Cantata Choir's "Heaven's Child" - The Floris United Methodist Church Cantata Choir and Symphonic Orchestra will present this year's Christmas Cantata, "Heaven's Child," during all Sunday morning services. Additionally, FUMC is collecting food for Grace Ministries. Two-pound bags of rice, dried beans, peanut butter, pasta, diced tomatoes and canned meats are needed.
• Color: Bold & Vibrant Artists Reception at ArtSpace - The artists reception for Color: Bold & Vibrant will be from 3-5 p.m. Sunday at ArtSpace Herndon. Meet local abstract artists Andrea Cybyk, Mary Ellen Mogee and M. Jane Johnson.
• Color: Bold & Vibrant - The works of Andrea Cybyk, Mary Ellen Mogee and M. Jane Johnson are on display at ArtSpace Herndon through Jan. 20. Their pieces are abstract with bright colors that create vibrant, energetic works of art.
• Flamingo Flocking Fundraiser - Surprise your neighbors with a flock of flamingos for the holidays. The flamingo flocking fundraiser supports Bike the US for MS. Until Dec. 31 residents can pre-order a flock of flamingos that will settle on the lawn of the person they choose. Flocking insurance is also available for a minimum donation of $5.
[Want to stay on top of news in Herndon? Sign up for our daily or breaking news emails.]