The Town of Herndon's annual fall cleanup will be held the week of Oct. 15-19, allowing town residents to dispose of large items, such as furniture.
Items must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on your normal trash day, but no earlier than 24 hours prior to the scheduled collection time. Items that can be picked up include:
• Appliances with the doors removed
• Plumbing fixtures and auto parts weighing less than 50 pounds
• Up to two tires per household
• A limited amount of building materials — about one cubic yard with lengths not to exceed four feet
Unacceptable materials include:
• Yard waste
• Auto parts weighing more than 50 pounds
• Large quantities of building materials
• Household hazardous waste
For questions on the fall cleanup, refuse and recycling, contact the Town of Herndon's public works department at 703-435-6853 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.