The Town of Herndon's annual leaf collection begins today.
Town residents should rake their leaves as close to the curb as they can without blocking stormdrains, sidewalks or mailboxes, and without blocking traffic, the town says.
During collection times grass clippings, shrub clippings and weeds should be placed in 30-gallon kraft recylable bags and should be put out only on residents' regular trash day only.
After the fall leaf collection is over, remaining leaves can be placed in 30-gallon kraft recyclable bags and they will be picked up on regular trash and yard-waste collection days.
Town of Herndon Leaf Collection Schedule
• October 22 - 26 – North of Bike Trail
• October 29 - November 2 – South of Bike Trail
• November 5 - 9 – North of Bike Trail
• November 12 - 16 – South of Bike Trail
• November 19 - 21 – North of Bike Trail
• November 26 - 30 – South of Bike Trail
More information and a map showing the areas north and south of the bike trail can be found on the town's website by clicking here or by looking on the Town Services page.