Town of Herndon residents have just one day left to get their car decals purchased before the deadline of Nov. 15.
Beginning this Friday, Nov. 15, Town of Herndon Police will be checking vehicles for decals and will issue tickets to owners of any vehicles not in compliance with the requirement.
According to the Town of Herndon, decal applications have been mailed to all households. Citizens who have not received applications may contact the town’s Department of Finance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-435-6813.
Decal application forms are also available on the town’s website under "Taxes and Licenses."
Decal fees are as follows:
- Passenger cars and trucks 4,000 lbs. or less gross weight - $25
- Passenger cars and trucks over 4,000 lbs in gross weight - $32
- Motorcycles - $12
- Small trailer/boat trailer gross weight less than 5,000 lbs. - $8
- Larger trailer/boat trailer gross weight greater than 5,000 lbs. - $25
- Military (active duty with currently military ID) - $1
- Transfer (sticker or receipt must be presented) - $1
Decals also may be purchased at the Herndon Municipal Center, 777 Lynn St., during regular business hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
And, new this year, decals may also be purchased at the Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Ave., during the center’s normal hours of operation.
FOLLOW HERNDON PATCH FOR THE LATEST NEWS AND EVENTS!