It's your last chance — today is the last chance for Town of Herndon residents to purchase their 2012-2013 vehicle decals.
All vehicles, trailers, motorcycles and semi-trailers that are garaged, parked or stored in the town's limits for more than 30 days are required to have a decal.
Decals can also be purchased at the Town of Herndon Municipal Center at 777 Lynn St. on Monday through Friday. Applications can be downloaded on the Town of Herndon's website by clicking here. They can be mailed with a check or money order to Town of Herndon, Motor Vehicle Decal, P.O. Box 427, Herndon, VA 20172-0427.
New residents who moved into the town during the current tax year and have already paid a decal fee in another Virginia municipality or county will receive a decal at no cost for one year as long as they submit proof of payment for their current decal.
Motor Vehicle Decal Fees
• Passenger cars and trucks 4,000 pounds or less - $25
• Passenger cars and trucks over 4,000 pounds - $32
• Motorcycles - $12
• Small trailer/boat trailer weighing less than 5,000 pounds - $8
• Large trailer/boat trailer weighing more than 5,000 pounds - $25
• Military decal fee (active duty with current military ID) - $1
• Transfer (sticker or receipt must be presented) - $1
Decal fees may apply to other types of vehicles not listed here. For more information contact the Town of Herndon's Revenue Division at 703-435-6813 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Want to stay on top of news in Herndon? Sign up for our weekly, daily or breaking news emails.]