The Herndon Town Council will meet for the first time in 2013 for a work session Tuesday night.
The agenda Tuesday includes an application for a special exception for the home at 450 Virginia Ave., which would approve a home-based daycare for up to 12 children.
Another special exception application will allow for a temporary fire station facility on the property at 791 Elden St., in the downtown Herndon area, on the site of Horn Motors. The site will host a temporary fire station as the current station is torn down and rebuilt. It will also be the staging area for construction of the new fire station.
The Herndon Town Council will get a look at the new downtown planned zoning district and the pattern book for redevelopment of the downtown. The downtown master plan was approved
A zoning ordinance text amendment will amend current zoning ordinances to require delinquent taxes to be paid before a permit or land authorization can be issued.
Another zoning ordinance text amendment (ZOTA) could change the procedures for the appeal process in the zoning administrator's proffer enforcement decision. The ZOTA will bring the town's zoning code into compliance with Virginia state code.
The final public hearing item up for discussion will be a resolution authorizing an application to the Commonwealth Transportation Board for VDOT for funding from the Transportation Alternative Program, as well as endorsement of the Herndon Historic Revitalization District.
Other items on the agenda include:
• A resolution hiring Symbus Law Group to perform services to register the town's new brand with the US Patent and Trademark Office.
• A resolution for guidance on the town's 2014 general fund budget.
• A resolution to authorize and application to VDOT for the Safe Routes School Program.
• A resolution awarding a contract for general architecture and urban design services from Urban Design Associates.
• A proclamation for the Town of Herndon's Incorporation Day, taking place Jan. 14.
The Herndon Town Council meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday in the Hoover Conference Room at the Herndon Council Chambers, 765 Lynn St.
[Want to stay on top of news in Herndon? Sign up for our daily or breaking news emails.]