This weekend is Herndon High School's annual Homecoming and the festivities include a parade, football game, powder puff game, bonfire and much more.
Some roads in town will be closing to through traffic on Saturday to clear the way for the parade to make its way through town. Here's what you need to know:
• Elden Street will be closed from Lynn Street to Sterling Road.
• Sterling Road will be closed from Elden Street to Herndon Parkway. Those leaving from side streets will be able to exit.
• Lynn Street in the downtown area will be closed, and it may be difficult to get anywhere in the core of downtown on Station and Spring streets as well.
These streets will close at about 7 a.m. to prepare for the parade and they will reopen after the parade ends around 11 a.m. Vehicles participating in the parade will be the only ones allowed through.
For more information on Homecoming events and festivities, see the links below:
• Herndon Homecoming Schedule of Events
• Herndon Homecoming Parade 2012 Lineup
• Del. Rust Hosts Homecoming Food Drive
• All Herndon Homecoming Related Stories
* Editor's note: The information on Sterling Road in this article has been updated.