Absentee voting is now underway for Herndon residents and the rest of Fairfax County.
Through Oct. 16, in-person, absentee voting is available at the Fairfax County Government Center, 12000 Government Center Pkwy., Suite 323, Fairfax, VA 22035. Voting times are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and Thursdays from 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
On Oct. 17, absentee balloting will continue at the County Government Center, and the county will open additional satellite voting locations. Reston will have a location at the North County Human Services Building, 1850 Cameron Glen Dr. There will be another location in Chantilly at the Sully Governmental Center, 4900 Stonecroft Blvd, Chantilly, VA 20151.
Satellite locations will be open through Nov. 2, from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. weekdays and Saturdays, Oct. 20 and 27, and Nov. 3, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Click here to see additional satellite locations.
You may vote absentee, either by mail or in person, if you are unable to go to the polls on Election Day because:
• are a student or the spouse of a student attending a school outside Fairfax County
• will be away from Fairfax County on business
• will be working and commuting for 11 or more hours between 6 a.m. and 7 p.m.
• will be away from Fairfax County on personal business or vacation
• are unable to go to the polls because of illness or disability (see below for physical disability or illness)
• are pregnant
• are the primary caretaker of a confined family member
• have a religious obligation
• are confined awaiting trial
• are confined having been convicted of a misdemeanor
• are an election official
• are on active duty in the military outside Fairfax County
• are the spouse or dependent residing with a member of the military outside Fairfax County
• are an overseas citizen* whose most recent United States residence was in Fairfax County
• are a designated representative of a candidate or a party inside the polls
• have moved out of state 30 days or less prior to election day and are unable to register in your new state (ballot for President/Vice President only).
More info on mail-in Absentee Voting
For info on voter registration
Fairfax County will have an online chat with general registrar on Friday
Hear from Senate Candidates George Allen (R) at a recent Reston appearance here and Tim Kaine (D) here. Read about the VA-11 Congressional race here.