The Town of Herndon Police Department reported the following incidents from Oct. 8 through Oct. 14, 2012. The following information was supplied by the Herndon Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
• A vehicle was broken into and tools and a GPS unit were reported stolen at 8:11 p.m. Oct. 11 in the 700 block of Palmer Drive.
• A vehicle was entered between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m. and cash and clothing were reported stolen Oct. 7 in the 700 block of Legacy Pride Drive.
• A 47-year-old Herndon man was arrested for being drunk in public at 7:31 p.m. Oct. 9 in the 500 block of Virginia Avenue.
GOLF COURSE DISTRICT
• A vehicle was entered between 6:30 p.m. Oct. 11 and 7:45 a.m. Oct. 12 and a knife was reported stolen in the 1400 block of Cuttermill Court.
• Graffiti was reported found in the area at 5:16 p.m. Oct. 11 in the 1200 block of Herndon Parkway.
• Graffiti was reported found in the area at 5:46 p.m. Oct. 12 in the 1200 block of Summerfield Drive.
• The victim reported a subject opening several unauthorized credit cards under their name at 7:06 p.m. Oct. 9 in the 700 block of Morningside Court.
• A vehicle was entered by an unknown subject but nothing was reported missing at 5:16 a.m. Oct. 12 in the 1100 block of Jeff Ryan Drive.
HALEY SMITH DISTRICT
• A 22-year-old Herndon man was arrested for being drunk in public at 2:07 a.m. Oct. 14 in the 400 block of Elden Street.
• A noise complaint was reported at 7:45 p.m. Oct. 12 in the 100 block of Laurel Way.
• The victim reported an unknown subject using their credit card to make unauthorized purchases at 9:17 a.m. Oct. 12 in the 700 block of Cordell Way.
• A 35-year-old Herndon man was charged with disorderly conduct at 9:54 a.m. Oct. 13 in the 400 block of Reneau Way.
• The victim reported their saw was stolen from the rear of a residence at 3:30 p.m. Oct. 9 in the 900 block of Branch Drive.
• A vehicle was entered between 9 a.m. and 1:50 p.m. and loose change was reported stolen Oct. 13 in the 700 block of Park Avenue.
• Graffiti was reported found in the area at 8:38 a.m. Oct. 9 near the intersection of Grace Street and the W&OD Trail.
• The victim reported their parked vehicle had been scratched and glass was placed under the tires at 5:48 a.m. onOct. 12 in the 1000 block of Knight Lane.
• The mirror of a parked vehicle was reported damaged at 11:25 a.m. Oct. 14 near the intersection of Cavalier Drive and Park Avenue.
• The victim reported a subject using their credit card to make unauthorized purchases at 4:39 p.m. Oct. 11 in the 700 block of Herndon Woods Court.
• A 38-year-old Herndon man was issued a summons for a noise violation at 10:41 p.m. Oct. 13 in the 800 block of Park Avenue.
• A subject attempted to shoplift multiple items from a business at 3:56 p.m.Oct. 14 in the 900 block of Herndon Parkway.
• A 23-year-old Sterling man was arrested for driving on a revoked license at 5:12 p.m. Oct. 12 near the intersection of Herndon Parkway and Sterling Road.
• A 23-year-old Herndon man was arrested for driving while intoxicated at 2:11 a.m. Oct. 14 near the intersection of Park Avenue and Branch Drive.
• A 37-year-old Herndon man was arrested on an outstanding warrant out of Arkansas at 9:25 p.m. Oct. 13 in the 600 block of Spring Street.
• The Herndon Police reported the following traffic incidents from Oct. 8-14: one incident of driving under the influence, seven incidents of speeding, two incidents of driving while on a suspended or revoked license, and two incidents of expired or no Town of Herndon sticker.
[Want to stay on top of news in Herndon? Sign up for our weekly, daily or breaking news emails.]