1. The MOMS Club of Herndon is holding an open house this week that will feature a variety of area nonprofits and local organizations where families can volunteer together. The event will be held from 10 a.m. to noon on Thursday at ArtSpace Herndon, 750 Center St.
2. The Fairfax Choral Society will hold auditions for its west campus youth choruses, which includes singers ages 5-13, on Jan. 15 and 22 by appointment. Rehearsals are held on Tuesday evenings at Epiphany Episcopal Church. Contact FCS at 703-642-3277 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an audition.
3. The Herndon Town Council meets for its first public hearing of 2013 at 7 p.m. on Tuesday at the Herndon Council Chambers. The public presentations include certificates of responsible citizenship to Dale Frock and Jason Fuller, and a certificate of congratulations to the Herndon High School Business Management Virtual Enterprise Class, among others. To see the entire agenda click here.
4. Empower Me Pretty is currently accepting donations of prom dresses, bridesmaid dresses and other formal dresses, shoes and accessories for its annual prom dress drive. The donations will help area teens have a dress for their own proms. Find more information on donations here.
5. Registration for the Herndon-Reston Youth Lacrosse Spring 2013 season is open. HRYL plays in the Northern Virginia Youth Lacrosse League. The regular season runs from March to June, with preseason development and player evaluations starting in January and February.
[Want to stay on top of news in Herndon? Sign up for our daily or breaking news emails.]