All over Facebook, Twitter and other places on the Internet, people are talking about Tortilla Factory's impending closing in early March.
According to the Connection, the restaurant is aiming to close around March 1, or whenever the food and staff runs out.
A Herndon Patch Facebook post asked readers if they would miss the restaurant's presence in Herndon. Here are some responses received:
• Jenny Masters Stevens: Yess, a lot. Great memories associated with that place :(
• Tim Taccardi: Another institution gone. Bummer.
• Vicky Rhinesmith Dorman: Lots [of] business been conducted there! I will miss the restaurant and miss Charles Curcio!
• Sidney Koss: The Tortilla Factory is at the heart of Herndon and may, in fact, be the heart of Herndon. With its closing Herndon will be so much less than it has been.
• Carol Bruce: Truly sad news. This is the end of an era.
• Lisa Iannucci Nicholls: Very sad that it's closing. So many Observer memories there.
• Katie Grein Moore: Had a nice bittersweet chat with Chuck at T-Fac today. I was #10 on the list to be sent the super secret salsa recipe when they close in a couple weeks. You can too - you just need to go in person! I will cherish the memories always.
• Stephanie McClellan: It will be sad to see this Herndon institution go. Thanks for being such a great part of our town over these many years, Tortilla Factory!
There's a lot of talk on Twitter as well:
• ShannonScalan: I can't believe The Tortilla Factory in Herndon is closing. This is so depressing.
• mollybuckley: Heartbroken. :( I can't believe THE Tortilla Factory is CLOSING. So many delicious memories. #nostalgic#hungry
• TheFolkClub: We know you've heard rumors of the Tortilla Factory's closing - and you're right :( Its with deep saddness that...fb.me/1qyTKzDXs
• J_Narod: Worst news ever...The Tortilla Factory is closing 3/1!!! #pleasedontleaveme bit.ly/wGGH6n
• JTPartlow21: Tortilla Factory is closing?? WHATTTTTT??????
• jessdeboard: Welp since the tortilla factory is supposedly closing, it appears that everyone in nova has decided to come tonight. #cool
The Folk Club of Reston-Herndon, which has held its meetings at Tortilla Factory for nearly 25 years, will be moving to Joe's Pizzaria in Sterling. The group said owner Charles Curcio has been a fantastic host to them and provided them with a unique space that made for very rare and special experiences.
The Folk Club will hold a final appearance at Tortilla Factory on Feb. 28. "We hope for a great turnout to show our appreciation for the many wonderful years we’ve shared."
So what are your best memories of Tortilla Factory? What's your favorite dish from the restaurant? What will you miss most?