Do you love taking photographs, but hate being photographed? Do you avoid being in front of the camera? If so, you are not alone. Many women dislike being photographed because of the images they see. The images we see in the media have a resounding effect on our own self esteem and self image. This is epidemic and unacceptable. Through our 5 hour class, we will begin breaking down these feelings and building confidence.
We will explore portrait skills and our own self-image. We will take portraits of each other and come together as a group to discuss our struggles with self-image and offer support.
- How to separate the subject from the background
- Using different lenses and f-stops
- Studio portraiture.
- Our stories of beauty as children
- How we currently see our bodies and how self-image impacts our daily life
- Taking the time to appreciate our bodies
We may also wiggle our toes.
This class is open to all women ages 12 and up.