Elden Street Players Theatre for Young Audiences will hold auditions for "Robin Hood" on Nov. 26 and 27.
The play, written by Tim Kelly, directed by Sue Klein and produced by Richard Durkin with executive producer Mary Ann Hall, will open in February.
Auditions will be held Monday and Tuesday, Nov. 26-27 at 7 p.m., with registration open from 7-8:30 p.m. Callbacks will be held Wednesday, Nov. 28 at 7:30 p.m. if necessary. Auditions will take place at Hutchison Elementary School, 13209 Parcher Ave.
Rehearsals will take place at Hutchsion Elementary School from Dec. 2012 through Jan. 2013 on weekday evenings. Weekend rehearsals may take place during tech week from Jan. 26-31
Performances will be held Saturdays at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Feb. 2, 9 and 16; Sundays at 2 p.m. on Feb. 10 and 17; and at noon on Sunday, Feb. 3. All performances will be at Elden Street Players' Industrial Strength Theatre.
Roles available include (some roles may be double cast):
• Beth, Mother Meg, Little John and Will Scarlett - members of Robin Hood's Merry Band
• Old Widow - Victim of the sheriff
• Robin Hood - Outlaw of Sherwood Forest
• Friar Tuck - A monk
• Sheriff - The sheriff of Nottingham
• Lady Merle - in league with the even Prince John
• Annabel - Servant to Maid Marian
• Maid Marian - Ward of King Richard
• Solder 1 and 2 (Kaspar) - In service to the sheriff
• Sheriff's Wife - A clumsy social climber
• Salome - Her silly daughter
• Stranger (King Richard) - Journeying through Nottingham
No appointments are necessary for auditions. All roles are open and all roles are volunteer, nonpaid. Those who come to audition should be prepared to sing, move and demonstrate improv ability.
Special skills like juggling, playing a musical instrument, etc. are also welcomed. Auditions will consist of readings from the script.
Those auditioning will be asked to fill out an information sheet and conflict calendar. They should be prepared to list all time conflicts during the rehearsal schedule, which will be accomodated as best as possible.
Resumes and headshots are also requested. Those without headshots will have their photo taken to accompany their information sheet.
For questions or more information, email Durkin at email@example.com.
[Want to stay on top of news in Herndon? Sign up for our weekly, daily or breaking news emails.]