Make a plan by using this checklist. Post it in a central location in your home where you can always refer back to it throughout the holiday season.
1. Schedule time in your calendar to include: baking, wrapping, decorating, holiday cards, shopping, holiday parties.
2. Create a budget and stick to it.
3. Purchase holiday cards or order online photo greeting cards.
4. Have address labels and plenty of stamps ready.
5. Inventory your decorations and wrapping paper before purchasing new ones.
6. Check the condition of extension cords, lights and timers.
7. Go through your children's playroom/bedroom and donate items to local charities.
8. Check your gift closet or stash for extra gifts before buying new ones.
9. Get wish list from each family member. Plan with other family members before gift buying so you're not over spending or duplicating.
10. Shop early in the day.
11. Write out your holiday menu.
12. Start your house cleaning/organizing now. Tackle it one room at a time.
13. Use "The Or/gan/iz/er" check off method.
14. Play Holiday music while you're decorating.
15. Bake cookies ahead time and freeze.
16. Book your pet grooming appointments early.
17. Make your hair, manicure and pedicure appointments now.
18 Order your floral arrangements ahead of time.
Celebrate by enjoying a glass of wine.
Get more organizing tips and tons of helpful advice for the holidays while shopping for holiday gifts and socializing with friends at Helping Others Home for the Holidays at JJ Deli this Friday from 4-9 p.m.