Oktoberfest Returns to Reston on Friday
Annual Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce event features beer, food and fun.
Ready to get your Oktoberfest on?
Here is what you need to know:
The fun begins Friday 3 to 11 p.m. and continues Saturday 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday noon to 8 p.m.
Some of the highlights:
• Live music, from traditional German tunes (the Low’n’Brows, Continentals and Kings Park German Bands) to favorites such as Gonzo’s Nose, 2U and Almost Journey.
• Oktoberfest Carnival featuring rides. A special “All You Can Ride” wrist band time is available on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• The Northern Virginia Police and Fire and Rescue Departments will face off on Saturday afternoon in the Guns ‘n Hoses Chili Cook-Off, with the winner to be announced at 4 p.m.
• The Great Pumpkin 5k, Pumpkin Smash Mile and Kids Pumpkin Dash, produced by the Greater Washington Sports Alliance and benefiting the YMCA Fairfax County Reston, kicks off Saturday’s events with an 8:30 a.m. 5K race.
• Oktoberfest Scrambled Legs Breakfast will help runners refuel with breakfast items and beer served up from specific Oktoberfest vendors.
• Oktoberfest Reston event admission is free. Food tickets are $1 per ticket or $20 for 24 tickets. Carnival tickets are $1 per ticket or $20 for 24 tickets. All-you-can-ride carnival wristbands will be on sale for $20 ahead of the event and for $25 at the event.
• Advance tickets on sale at www.OktoberfestReston.com or at the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce, 1763 Fountain Drive.
• The beers on tap include Beck’s Oktoberfest, Devil’s Backbone Vienna Logger, Dominion Octoberfest, Shock Top Pumpkin Wheat, Widmer Hefeweizen and select craft beers. Wine provided by Market Cellars and The Wine Cabinet.
• Local restaurants represented at the food booths: Buffalo Wing Factory, Clyde’s of Reston, Flippin’ Pizza, Il Fornaio, Mamma Lucia of Reston, McCormick & Schmick’s, Midtown Kabob, Milwaukee Frozen Custard, Naked Pizza, Obi Sushi, Paolo’s Ristorante, Paradise Ice Cream, Pollo Peru, Robek’s, The Counter, Uno’s Chicago Grill, Vie de France.
For more infomation click here.