Herndon Police Report: Missing 11-Year-Old Found
Police searched for missing preteen Nov. 10.
The Herndon Police Department reported the following incidents from Nov. 5 to Nov. 11, 2012. The following information was supplied by the Herndon Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
• The victim reported being assaulted by an unknown subject after a minor traffic infraction at 3:15 p.m. Nov. 9 near the intersection of Van Buren and Spring streets.
GOLF COURSE DISTRICT
• A 45-year-old Herndon man was arrested for assault at 1:56 p.m. Nov. 8 in the 1200 block of Sterling Road.
• The victim reported being assaulted by a subject after being told they could not use the swimming pool at that time at 3:18 p.m. Nov. 9 in the 800 block of Ferndale Avenue.
• A 45-year-old Herndon man was arrested for being drunk in public and violation of a protective order at 4:57 a.m. Nov. 9 in the 1200 block of Sterling Road.
• Graffiti was reported found in the area at 11 a.m. Nov. 10 in the 1200 block of Herndon Parkway.
• A 29-year-old Fairfax woman was arrested for driving on a revoked license at 10:28 p.m. Nov. 5 in the 1000 block of Sterling Road
• An abandoned vehicle was recovered near the intersection of Herndon Parkway and Sterling Road that had been stolen from a residence on Shannon Place at 11:18 p.m. Nov. 9.
HALEY SMITH DISTRICT
• A 30-year-old Ephrata, PA woman was issued a summons for larceny at 3:13 p.m. Nov. 6 in the 400 block of Elden Street.
• The victim reported an undisclosed amount of money was stolen from her purse at her place of business between 10:40 a.m. and 5:35 p.m. Nov. 7 in the 200 block of Elden Street.
• The victim reported their unsecured bicycle was stolen at 4:20 a.m. Nov. 9 in the 400 block of Elden Street.
• A 42-year-old man with no fixed address was arrested for being drunk in public at 6:14 p.m. Nov. 8 in the 100 block of Elden Street.
• A noise complaint was reported at 1:59 a.m. Nov. 6 in the 700 block of Cordell Way.
• A parked vehicle was found to have a large scratch on the passenger side rear door at 4:48 p.m. Nov. 9 in the 1100 block of Bicksler Drive.
• Units were searching for a missing 11-year-old at 9:50 p.m. Nov. 10 in the 1200 block of Elden Street. Helicopter, K-9 and a State Police bloodhound were used in the search. The juvenile was found later in good health.
• A subject reported being assaulted by an acquaintance at 2:34 a.m. Nov. 11 in the 600 block of Dulles Park Court.
• A subject attempted to obtain a fraudulent prescription at a pharmacy at 2:30 p.m. Nov 7 in the 1200 block of Elden Street.
• A 37-year-old Fairfax man was issued a summons for trespassing at 7:10 p.m. Nov. 7 in the 1200 block of Elden Street.
• A 42-year-old Winchester man was arrested for driving while intoxicated at 1:12 a.m. Nov. 8 in the 700 block of Elden Street.
• Herndon Police reported the following traffic incidents from Nov. 5-11: one incident of driving under the influence, 33 incidents of speeding, four incidents of driving while on a suspended or revoked license, and six incidents of expired or no Town of Herndon sticker.
[Want to stay on top of news in Herndon? Sign up for our weekly, daily or breaking news emails.]