Five Things: Town of Herndon Edition
Tips for those who live, work and hang out in the Town of Herndon.
There's plenty happening in Herndon, even late in the summer, including upcoming festivals, programs and more. We've got a few tips and reminders on how you can get involved.
1) The Herndon Community Center continues it's annual closure for maintenance and repairs through Sept. 3. The center will open again on Sept. 4, after the Labor Day holiday.
2) Monday marks the town's annual Labor Day Festival, which will include wine and microbrew tasing, food and cooking demonstrations, as well as live music on the Town Green. The event starts at noon and runs until 6 p.m. Click here for full event information.
3) Registration for all of Herndon's fall Parks and Recreation Department programs is underway. Classes begin starting Sept. 4 and area residents can register online, or in person at the Herndon Community Center after it reopens.
4) The Herndon Police Department's Citizens Police Academy starts in September and runs through November and applications for registration are being taken now. Participants will learn more about the police department's operations and how they work to keep the community safe.
5) Herndon residents can nominate their own or their neighbors' yards for the Cultivating Community Initiative's next Yard of the Month award. Nominations for the award are being accepted until Sept. 15. Find more information on nominations by clicking here.
[Want to stay on top of news in Herndon? Sign up for our weekly, daily or breaking news emails.]